Thursday, April 4, 2013

Rubber Legs!!

Wow, I haven't written anything down since December!  There's time flying by for you.  Cami is a drastically different baby than she was at Christmas time (although I probably should throw out the term baby in reference to her....full blown toddler around here).  She is well into her Terrible Twos, despite only being sixteen months old.  Her opinions have recently become the MOST important thing in the world and she's testing out the "if I cry really hard maybe they'll just let me do what I want because I really want it" tactic.  Her other favorite is the "jelly leg" in which she is being guided to a certain destination and her legs suddenly give out.  Being as how we, literally, NEVER give in (since these dramatic attempts usually involve non-negotiables such as diaper changes and bedtime), we're hoping this is short lived.  Naive?  Probably.

Despite all of the brief theatrical episodes, Camster is also SO incredibly loving, and becomes sweeter and sweeter all the time.  Yesterday morning I got my first "love you" back after saying I love you to her, and she loves to give a big hug and then lean back and grin at you and give another big hug.  It's adorable.  She loves to be tickled and collapses to the floor in a fit of giggles.  She's also recently started looking for my toes and/or neck to tickle.  

Cami also still LOVES her books, and, funny enough, some of her favorite ones are the ones that just have pictures and words about the world around her.  I think she likes categorizing all the words in her little mind so that she knows what we're talking about.  Not that she doesn't love a good story....two favorites are her Sofia the First and my old Little Mermaid story books.  She's become a true Disney baby and loves the princesses, especially Ariel and Rapunzel.  That might have something to do with MY love of Disney and her massive exposure to these characters.  Maybe.

Lastly, she's learning new words all the time, but her current favorites are "EAT!!!" (said loudly, repetitively, and with almost all lack of a "t"), "Papa", and "Peeaase" (please).  I told her once there was an L and drew it out like "Puh-lease" and go a "Puuuh-eeeaase" in return.  :)  Crazy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment