Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chubby Cheeks!!

We had our 28 week ultrasound yesterday (although, it was actually a day before I'm technically 29 weeks).  It was just a quick growth scan to check and see how she's growing.  We knew from our impromptu 26 week ultrasound that she was on track at that point.  She's grown quite a bit in three weeks.  At 26 weeks she was about two pounds; now they're estimating she's 3.2 pounds (which puts her about a week ahead of the game).  For those keeping track, Bailey was 4.2 lbs when she was born.  Something tells me this delivery may not be as easy.

Besides discovering her weight, we got to watch her for a bit and she put on a little show for us.  She turned her face right towards the "camera" and then stuck out her tongue at us and gave us a big yawn.  It was pretty cute.  When the ultrasound tech came back to her face later, she seemed to look like she was chewing, which made me wonder if she picked up my habit of chewing on my cheek I had (had?) when I was little (Becky, stop laughing).

Here's a picture of her chubby little cheeks:



She also now has a name!  It took awhile, but inspiration struck us one morning and her entire name came together pretty quickly.  She will be Cameron Elizabeth Galloway, but we have yet to decide on her nickname.  She'll probably go by Cami or Cami Beth (unless she's in trouble, then it's the full deal, but that will never happen...right?), but we can't decide between the two.  I'm sure we'll figure it out at some point.... :)

2 comments:

  1. no she will never be in trouble...she is too cute for that!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE THE name!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS name! In Jr. High one of the cool girls was named Cami...I was so jealous. Ever since I have loved the name. Also excited to start monogramming!

    xoxo
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete